Ecofibre Industries Operations is a recommended Queensland Department of Primary Industries contact point for information relating to research, plant breeding and any industrial hemp project. Ecofibre Industries has been actively involved in this industry for over 10 years and has become the central contact point for all industry stakeholders in the Southern Hemisphere.
Ecofibre Industries Operations
Internationally, Ecofibre Industries Operations has been invited to present research papers at numerous bast fibre conferences and symposiums. Our network of cooperative and strategic relationships extends into all levels of the industry; from scientists, breeders, growers, processors and manufacturers through to wholesalers, retailers, and consumers.
- Ecofibre Industries Operations is the largest industrial hemp seed importer in Australia and has the largest network of seed multiplication in the southern hemisphere with production areas in Qld, NSW, Vic and Tasmania;
- Ecofibre Industries Operations is the first Australian company to launch Australian grown Industrial Hemp products to the Australian market;
- Ecofibre Industries Operations acts as a consultant with other state government bodies such as Agriculture Western Australia, South African and New Zealand Provincial Governments;
- Ecofibre Industries Operations has the largest hemp germplasm bank in the southern hemisphere with accessions from most world continents;
- Ecofibre Industries Operations is the only private enterprise research group invited to all national workshops on industrial hemp held by the Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation;
- Ecofibre Industries Operations has conducted feasibility studies into both fibre and grain production and has identified the most viable short- and long-term target areas of production, manufacture and consumption for hemp products;
- Ecofibre Industries Operations has identified and moved to consolidate the “gateways” of a profitable annual, renewable fibre crop industry, from production through to processing and marketing;
- Ecofibre Industries Operations has identified both domestic and export ready markets for hemp and allied fibre products;
- Ecofibre Industries Operations deals on a daily basis with hemp commodities trading, and the linking of organisations around the world including supplier with manufacturer, and consumer with finished product;
- Ecofibre Industries Operations has presented a number of scientific papers on hemp agronomy and processing to national and international forums including South Africa, Germany, Russia and Canada;
- Ecofibre Industries Operations has a vision, a strategy, a team and a solid business plan for the future